Score Big with Crowd-Pleasing Snacks for the Big Game
Does it really matter which teams are going to head to head? It’s the NFL championship, that annual football extravaganza that’s become a national happening. (Heck, we even watch the commercials!)
So what are you serving that rowdy group of football fans crowded in front of your flatscreen TV? We’ve got plenty of super choices!
- The Big Dipper — Football parties are the perfect time to test-drive some new dips, like this Mustard-Beer Dip: simmer 12 ounces pale ale until reduced by half, stir in 1/2 cup yellow mustard, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon each mustard powder and cider vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Cool and serve!
- Half-Time Pizza Break — Make a Rustic Crust pizza at halftime; our crusts make it quick and easy! Just prepare your toppings ahead of time, then top, pop into the oven and serve, with plenty of time to kick back and enjoy that half-time show!
- Go Team, Go Healthy! – Skip those cream-based dips and save some calories. Try a White Bean Dip, made with cannellini beans, olive oil, garlic, and sage. No penalty here!
- Super BBQ Without the Grill – The Weary Chef (we sometimes know the feeling) has a terrific recipe for those of us who love the taste of barbecued chicken, but don’t have an outdoor grill. No one will be the wiser, when you serve barbecue style wings and thighs. Who needs a tailgate?
- A Sweet Win – Is your team a winner or a loser? No matter. As the minutes tick down, serve up this wonderful S’Mores pizza (again, do it indoors!) using our Crispy Thin Crust. It’s sure to provide a sweet end to a wonderful game, no matter who’s on top and goes home with the Lombardi Trophy.