5 ideas for using up Thanksgiving leftovers
Get Creative With Thanksgiving Leftovers!
You put on a truly fabulous feast this Thanksgiving Day, but now you’re dealing with a fridge full of not-so-fabulous leftovers, and you can’t stand the thought of yet another turkey sandwich.
Thankfully (get it?), we’ve come up with 5 ideas that don’t require two slices of bread and gobs of mayo – these Thanksgiving leftover meals that are healthy and hearty.
- Top a Rustic Crust ready-made crust – choose any variety! – with a little tomato sauce, shredded turkey and provolone and/or mozzarella cheese to create fabulous pizza pie. Add veggies and you’ve got a nutritious meal ready in minutes! Feeling even more ambitious? Give this Gourmet Thanksgiving Pizza recipe a try: https://www.rusticcrust.com/recipes/thanksgiving-pizza/.
- Is your fridge stuffed with stuffing? Make stuffing balls – a great appetizer you can serve with cranberry sauce pesto.
- You say “potato,”… we say, potato pancakes! Mix leftover mashed potatoes with egg, flour, salt, pepper, and garlic and prepare like traditional pancakes. Skip the syrup and serve with sour cream and applesauce. This recipe from the Just a Taste blog looks delish! www.justataste.com/cheesy-leftover-mashed-potato-pancakes-recipe
- Make instant homemade soup! Use packaged chicken broth, and add chunks of turkey, mushrooms, carrots and other veggies to make a wholesome, hearty stew to warm you up on a cold winter’s night.
- Okay, we dissed turkey sandwiches, but why not go bold and make a turkey-stuffing-cranberry panini? Just layer your ingredients between two slices of sourdough bread, add a little leftover gravy, preheat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add sandwiches to pan. The secret to a great panini? Top your bottom pan with another heavy skillet, cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving leftover recipe? Share it with us on Facebook!